Symposium Submission is now closed!
Guidelines for Symposium Submission
Please read the following information carefully:
- submitted under one subject (to ensure cohesive presentations).
- time slot 1 hr 30,
- Maximum number of presenters 4: 4x20 min plus 10 min for discussion, and
- requirement for short abstract for each presentation as per below guidelines
A symposium overview (350 words) has to be submitted alongside the abstracts of the individual presentations.
All abstracts should be written in English. The authors are responsible for the contents as well as spelling and grammar.
The abstract title should contain no more than 20 words, and should be entered in the title field.
The first author shall be the presenter and all co-authors should be mentioned.
The abstract text should include no more than 350 words (title & co-authors of individual abstracts can be added in addition to 350 word count)
The abstract should elucidate the topic by informative text on:
• Study objectives
• Methods and material
References should not be used unless particularly useful for clarification.
Personal contact details etc. are not permitted in the abstract text.
Use single space text without blank lines. Abbreviations and units should follow international standards. Numbers should be written in numerals.
2. Social Risk Factors
3. Suicide and Gender
4. Law and Ethics
5. Vulnerable Groups
6. Suicide and Religion
7. Psychological Factors
8. Suicide, Depression and Anxiety
9. Resilience/Protective Factors
10. Media and the Internet
11. Military and Police
12. Lived Experience of Suicide
13. Non-suicidal Self-harm
14. Schizophrenia / Psychotic Disorders
15. Traumatic Stress
16. Substance Abuse
17. Personality Disorders
18. Psychological Autopsy
19. Risk Assessment Methods
20. Crisis Interventions
21. National Strategies
23. Diagnostic Concepts and Nomenclature
26. Chain of Care
27. Restriction to Means
28. Educational Programmes
29. Suicide in Context
30. Crisis Lines
31. Refugees and Migrants
32. Social Media
33. Contagion and Clustering
34. Euthanasia and physician assisted suicide
35. Mental Health /Suicide in the Workplace
36. Suicide across the lifespan